Tuesday 29 April 2014

NaPoWriMo 27/30 - Grass


GRASS

I.

As soon as I am close
to the grass
I am transported
1000 days
thousands of miles

to The Heath.

Soft green grass
bright sun
moist and fertile
ground

you and I
innocent
before all the everything that happened

you and I
innocent
after all the everything that happened

that’s the thing
about you and I
as a together


II.


I love nothing more
than love
we seem to share a definition

sometimes
I look at you
feeling your good
wondering
how you have been so
clipped and confined

sometimes probably
you look at me, too
wondering

we are each other’s easy
mired deep
in our own hards


III.

the grass
begins spiking me
tough and angled
survivor grass
soil cracked and dry
sun brutally insistent
breeze far above
human reach

there is no kindness here
but oh so much determination
everything is a road
nothing is a place to be.


27/30
NaPoWriMo
2014

No comments: