Wednesday 16 April 2014

NaPoWriMo 16/30 - My Studio + Day 17 Prompt

My Studio

Yes windows
those are important
onto something
nature or
a bustling street

but still
must feel like a hideaway
protected and secret

a very easy chair
with a place to put up your feet
a good light for reading

fire place
wood floors
tea kettle little Italian
espresso pot

paper
empty notebooks
full ones
a stack of books
on an old wooden chair
next to the very easy chair

lots of power outlets
and good tiny invisible speakers
wifi
flowers in a jug or watering can
secret stash of peanut butter
marmite and oat cakes
cocoa and honey

a hammock

a ping pong table
which can be used as a project table

a chalkboard wall

a project table that’s really for projects
or writing
stripped naked wood repurposed
with a tall chair

so many mugs
so many

toys

everywhere
things to put up my hair with
for when it gets annoying
also a little bowl for rings watch
and jewelry
which always have to come off
when writing gets serious

so they’re always off, really

oh a throw on the chair
and blankets
I’m always cold
pillows
for pillow fights

no cat

the colours
you know the colours
are my colours
greys, blues, greens
teal
with a burst of orange or pink
violet

sage
candles
incense
matches

if there’s a tiny refrigerator
that’s very quiet
it has butter
milk
and smelly cheese

art supplies
because you never know

bits I’ve collected
from Oregon to Brighton
obsidian, amethyst, rose quartz
mother of pearl
hamsa from Marrakech
keys I don’t know
what they open anymore
Camden Hello Kitty

whatever sparks my fancy
invites more

changes of clothes
for changes in plans
yoga mat
Laphroaig
The Selected Letters of Raymond Chandler

the guitar I've not yet learned to play


16/30
NaPoWriMo
2014

(From a prompt on a series of works of Artists' Studios by Damian Elwes.)

DAY 17 PROMPT:

I've taken this from my friend Maggie's FB - she posted it:


No comments: