Monday 12 July 2010

Monday's Quote - Don Miguel Ruiz

I am responsible for what I say, but I am not responsible for what you understand.  We live in a completely different dream.

-Don Miguel Ruiz
This is taken from his book The Mastery of Love, which I am reading.  I'm not that impressed with this book overall, but as I near the end, the chapters are more cogent and pointed.

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, A Toltec Wisdom BookI read his Four Agreements, which I thought was simple brilliance.  Clear, concise, practical, and spiritual.  

This quote leapt from the page at me.  I feel lately very much as though this is the disconnect I am experiencing.  Although I feel I am much more mindful of my speech, I still feel as though misunderstandings are peaking.  This quote felt like a step back - a moment for me to assess this from a different angle.  Possibly this is more of a shift than a disconnect; possibly I need to be more mindful about who I am speaking with, and not just how I am speaking.


No comments: