Wow - 90 to 100 (well, 101…):
1. The Girl Who Played Go – Shan Sa
2. The Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler - Alfred Adler; Ansbacher/Anscbacher eds.
3. Complete Poems : 1904 – 1962 - e.e. cummings
4 Selected Poems: 1947 – 1995 - Allen Ginsberg
5. The Ballad of the Sad Café - Carson McCullers
6. Slouching Toward Nirvana - Charles Bukowski
7. The Raymond Chandler Papers - Raymond Chandler; Tom Hiney, Frank MacShane eds.
8. Empire of the Senseless – Kathy Acker
9. The Soul of Rumi – Coleman Barks
10. The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke – Rainer Maria Rilke, Stephen Mitchell translation
11. Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu, Stephen Mitchell translation
I've tried pretty hard to only include 1 book/author even when I love all of their books.
It was pretty damn near impossible to choose a Bukowski or Chandler (that's why they appear so late in the lists!) - hopefully these are one you might not know so well.
Civilization and Its Discontents would have been 102. (Is that cheating, telling you that?)
Now to compile them and have a permanent list of 101 amazing reads!