Monday 12 January 2015

Quote of the Week - Gyllenhaal


"I've noticed a lot of people talking about the wealth of roles for powerful women in television lately. And when I look around the room at the women who are here and I think about the performances that I've watched this year what I see actually are women who are sometimes powerful and sometimes not, sometimes sexy, sometimes not, sometimes honorable, sometimes not, and what I think is new is the wealth of roles for actual women in television and in film. That's what I think is revolutionary and evolutionary and it's what's turning me on." 
~ Maggie Gyllenhaal, Golden Globes

The Honourable Woman was one of the best things I've ever seen - anyone saying she didn't deserve this probably hasn't watched it. It is a taut thriller along the lines of the original State of Play, but with in the context of the Middle East conflict. It is daring television.

Thanks to Mother Jones for this quote - I watched the Globes via Twitter - much better and less time consuming.

Go write some zesty roles for women today!

No comments: