Wednesday 14 October 2009

stealing broke

Who do you have to be to try to steal from me?

It’s a funny concept, really, if you know me.  The amount of money I’ve usually got in my bank account is hopefully enough for me to foresee food and transportation for the next, oh, week or so.

I’ve been a vegetarian, for a long time.  A vegequarian for a shorter time.  Imagine my surprise when logging on to check my bank balance and finding I had spent money at McDonald’s.

I’m a pedestrian, having left Los Angeles specifically not to have to have a car.

Imagine my surprise when logging on to check my bank balance and finding I had spent money at Exxon.

Yup.  Someone somewhere, well, in Chicago, IL, had gotten hold of my debit/credit card number and was using it at the most unimaginative of places:


McDonalds

Walmart

Exxon

 

If you’re going to steal – be creative.  Buy yourself a Hello Kitty mountain bike and take it Utah for a spin.  Book a flight to Seattle just for a really great coffee and a walk around Green Lake.  Get box seats to the Metropolitan Opera.

Mind you – you might need to steal from someone with a bigger balance for all that.

 

 

No comments: