Monday 1 October 2012

Quote of the Week - Freston


“I’m a decadent gal. I want to drink. I want to feel full at the end of a meal. I just don’t want it to have any animals in it, for a variety of reasons.” 
-Kathy Freston

Yes!  Okay - I'm not vegan - cheese is way too important to me.  And creamy things.  But not eating meat does not mean that you don't like life, are parsimonious, or wear Birkenstocks.  Nope.

I became vegetarian when I found that I had no good reasons not to.  I am now a vegequarian, which is because I have reasons for eating fish sometimes.

This NY Times article gives some hope for the LA dining scene for vegans and vegetarians.  Despite the proliferation of vegan fast food, LA restaurants still lag behind those in other cities in offering vegetarian options.  There.  I said it.

You should eat what makes sense to you and feels right.  But go ahead and figure out what that might be every once in a while.  You change, your mind changes, your tastes change and your body changes.  You don't have to stay who you were  - it's not a great way to become the person you want to be.

And that's enough preaching for a Monday.  : )


No comments: