Monday 24 September 2012

Quote of the Week - Question of the Day Book


"What always keeps happening even though you thought you had it figured out?" 
-Question of the Day book

Yes - new season and we needed a change up.  You are wise.  You don't need other people telling you what to do all the time.  How bout a question designed to bring out your wisdom this week instead?  Question of the Day book (and app) is the brainchild of my friend Al Katkowsky.  I've been hanging with this book a while now, and highly recomment it.

If you want, go ahead and leave your answer to this question in the comments section!

So what's my answer to the question?  Hmmm...think I'll do a free write on it (oh yeah, this book is great for writing prompts!).  Meantime, I'd say it has to do with letting in too much chaos.

Carry love with you this week.




2 comments:

Al said...

Sigh... SO many answers... I keep scheduling 4 month's worth of tasks into 1 month of time, getting frustrated at Day Ten and going all wtf before cutting myself some slack.....

I've improved on this one, but once in a while, I still figure "I'll remember it" when I get a song idea right before bed...not writing anything down, not picking up an instrument.....

OH: and I'm an over-listener. I listen to a fault. But I think I juuuuust figured that one out....

E. Amato said...

Thanks for commenting!

I was a chronic overscheduler, too! I seem to have reigned that in through failure! ; ) But now I have this sort of best of circumstances approach that gets easily derailed by life and random circumstances, leaving me in chaos Working on it...

The song thing - yes - with poems and songs. (I've been writing songs, btw...)

Can you over-listen? Isn't that what we're here for? Okay, wait, I think I know what you mean. Hm.