Monday 17 September 2012

Quote of the Week - Cohen

How can you not love this man?

"Sometimes, when you no longer see yourself as the hero of your own drama, expecting victory after victory, and you understand deeply that this is not paradise... somehow we're, especially the privileged ones that we are, we somehow embrace the notion that this veil of tears, that it's perfectable, that you're going to get it all straight. I've found that things became a lot easier when I no longer expected to win."
 
-Leonard Cohen

That's some bodhisattva talk right there.  Was super lucky to get to see Mr. Cohen a couple of weeks ago.  Kinda sat in awe for 3 hours.  I think what impacted me most was his full embrace of the broken.  This is so hard for me!  I hate broken!  I keep wanting to fix everything.  But his wisdom, his profound simplicity, his connection, it all comes from carefully cradling the imperfect.

I'm not going to try to fix anything (or anyone!) this week.

Happy Monday!  Happy New Year!


No comments: